Monday, January 25, 2010

Burning Down The House

So I listened to that little small voice this morning and saved my house from burning down. Long story short...washer caught on fire smoke everywhere I freaked out.
.
.
.
Long Story:
Learn from me!!! I always put a load in the washer before I take Madi to my moms in the morning so when I get back I can put it in the dryer. Something said to me this morning...don't leave with the washer going today. So I stalled for a while and just as I was rounding things up to leave I smelled a burning smell and smoke filling the house. I ran down stairs and smoke was billowing out of the washer. I lifted the lid and even more smoke was coming out. I unplugged it and smoke came out for another 15 - 20 miniutes. HOLY CRAP!!! .
.
I leave tomorrow for Vegas so way way bad timing on the washers part. Oh well... It Is What It Is. I will get through this with a smile on my face and a song in my heart.

P.S. Take it from me... Listen to those small voices and don't leave the house with the washer going. LOL

2 comments:

sinika said...

That's so scary Heather! I'm glad everything turned out ok!

Your house is looking amazing! I'm excited for ya!

Little G said...

I miss your blog!